City of Ironwood Water Utility Maintenance
Water Main Flushing Notice
Spring 2023 Water Main Flushing Notice & Schedule
The City of Ironwood will begin flushing water mains beginning Sunday, June 4, 2023 to Friday, June 9, 2023. Discoloration and change in pressure are expected while the system is being flushed.
Customers are advised to run the cold water faucet closest to the water meter connection until the water is clear. To receive a proper credit on the monthly utility bill, please take a water meter reading prior to running the water and a final reading when your water is clear. Further guidance to flush your private water system and appliances can be found under Important Information About Flushing on this web page.
Free bottled water is available at the Ironwood Public Safety Department at 123 W. McLeod Ave. during the water main flushing period. You may contact the City of Ironwood at (906) 932-5050 if you have any questions.
Thank you for your patience.
Water Main Flushing Map Section Downloads.
- 2023 Spring Water Main Flushing Map
- 2023 Spring Water Main Flushing Schedule
- Water Main Flushing Map - Section 1 - 6/4/2023 - 6/5/2023
- Water Main Flushing Map - Section 2 - 6/4/2023 - 6/5/2023
- Water Main Flushing Map - Section 3 - 6/5/2023 - 6/6/2023
- Water Main Flushing Map - Section 4- 6/5/2023 - 6/6/2023
- Water Main Flushing Map - Section 5 - 6/6/2023 - 6/7/2023
- Water Main Flushing Map - Section 6 - 6/6/2023 - 6/7/2023
- Water Main Flushing Map - Section 7W & 7E - 6/7/2023 - 6/8/2023
- Water Main Flushing Map - Section 8N & 8S - 6/8/2023 - 6/9/2023
Important Information about Flushing
- Flushing Your Home - How to flush an entire house plumbing system.
- Flushing Your Appliances.
Understanding Your Water
The City of Ironwood would like to update it's residents on some of the questions that are asked most frequently. In order to address many of the questions regarding your City water, we have created a couple info-graphics for you to read.
For additional questions or concerns please contact the City of Ironwood water department at (906) 932-5050.
Please click each picture to download.
Important Water Updates
September 13, 2019 Water System Update.
Water Treatment Plant Preliminary Engineering Report
Water Treatment Plan Report