March 20, 2020
Dear Ironwood Business Owners,
Attached to this message is an email from the MEDC regarding opportunities associated with the Disaster Relief Effort for Small Businesses. Two major opportunities; one, the SBA Disaster Assistance Loan program should be available to our area very soon. Our understanding is that the state applied for designation yesterday. The MEDC Strategic Fund Board has also released a grant/loan program that will provide up to $10,000 in grants and minimum $50,000 loans to small businesses.
Please visit this site for information on the SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan. https://sbdcmichigan.org/small-business-covid19/
For info on the MEDC Strategic Fund Support visit: https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus/0,9753,7-406-98158-522285–,00.html?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery
MICHIGAN ECONOMIC DEVELOPERS ASSOCIATION UPDATE
Several resources are being shared right now to help businesses and workers that may have hardships due to the closings that are taking place to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus.
Below is a compilation. MEDA will create a running list of the resources and add them to our blog and keep your updated in the weekly newsletter, send e-blast for issues that need quick action.
- Governor Whitmer Expands Unemployment Benefits for Michigan Workers
- SBA to Provide Disaster Assistance Loans for Small Businesses Impacted by Coronavirus
- Coronavirus Special Topic Free Conference Call Series
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources
- Resources for Michigan Businesses During COVID-19 – From the Michigan Economic Development Corporation
- A thread was started on our Emerging Leaders Facebook Group to share ideas, talk about what you are doing, etc., and other discussion are already taking place. Feel free to join in and share!
- GREAT IDEAS from MEDA Members: The Lansing Economci Area Partnership (LEAP) surveys area businesses to identify areas of the most critial need.
- GREAT IDEAS from MEDA Members: NLEA to Join Region-Wide Effort Amid Economic Challenges Related to COVID-19
- State Provides Guidance to Employers Contemplating Potential Layoffs
- SBAM holding Daily Briefings to help small businesses navigate the crisis.
- IEDC’s Resource Page for Economic Planning and Recovery
- Vital Funding for State’s Small Businesses Gains Michigan Strategic Fund Support
- Out-of-State Examples: City Manager Approves Temporary Code Modifications
- Ford Motor Co. Offers Financial Assistance, Nonprofit Support During Coronavirus Outbreak
- PMBC is looking for both buyers and suppliers of critical health & human service supplies across a broad range of product categories
Community Development Director
City of Ironwood
213 S. Marquette Street
Ironwood, MI 49938
906-932-5050 ext. 126